At DonorDreams, we are thankful for . . .
Many of you probably didn’t notice yesterday that we didn’t publish a blog post at DonorDreams. Yes, it was Thanksgiving, but that wasn’t the reason why we missed a day. The truth of the matter is that I was being treated to a Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving football game at AT&T stadium.
To remedy this grievous error, I decided to treat you to a double dose today.
In a few hours, I’m heading over to my sister-in-law’s house for the turkey dinner with all the trimmings that we passed on in favor of a Thanksgiving football experience.
As is customary for most Americans on Thanksgiving, they share with family and friends for what they are thankful before digging into those mashed potatoes and turkey. So, it only seems right to do this with the DonorDreams blog community.
We are thankful for …
- The thousands and thousands of non-profit employees across the country who report to work everyday with a sense of mission-focus and determination.
- The 319 subscribers and the 1,789 readers of this blog of which there have been 46,307 page views and 1,250 comments since we started this adventure approximately two-and-one-half years ago.
- Those of you who are committed to building your non-profit agency’s organizational capacity and not coast on that which was built by those who preceded you.
- Those of you who recognize that donors are not ATMs and diligently work at showing donors how their investment is being used and the results it is accomplishing.
- Those of you who strive for a higher functioning board of directors and recognize that the path to organizational greatness runs through the boardroom.
I could go on and on, but I’m curious about what you were most thankful for this Thanksgiving season. Please use the comment box below. You know what to do!
Here’s to your health!
Founder & President, The Healthy Non-Profit LLC