Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus, and Happy Holidays
My plane landed at O’Hare yesterday afternoon, which symbolized the end of a very long year for me. I am now ready to work from my home office for the last few weeks of 2015 and take a little time off to celebrate the holidays with family and friends.
As I look at this time of the year through a non-profit lens, there is a lot going on.
- Lots of donors are making year-end charitable contributions (approx. 40% of charitable giving occurs in the fourth quarter of the year)
- Many non-profit organizations are engaged in planning activities (e.g. strategic plan, resource development plan, etc) and busily getting ready for next year
- Holiday cards and stewardship gifts are being sent to non-profit donors
- There are countless holiday parties being hosted for non-profit staff and clients
When I boil all of this down, I see this time of year as a time for building a sense of community and family.
With this in mind, I want to take a break from pumping out non-profit and fundraising content and simply say:
- Happy Hanukkah
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Kwanzaa
- Happy Mawlid
- Happy Yule time
- Happy Bodhi Day
- Happy Pancha Ganapati
- Happy Boxing Day
- Happy Festivus for the rest of us
- Happy New Year (a New Years Eve scene from one of favorite movies)
Happy Holidays, DonorDreams readers!
Please know that . . .
- I appreciate you
- I appreciate your readership
- I appreciate your comments
- I appreciate you sharing this blog with friends and encouraging them to become part of this online community
Each and every single one of you is part of my collective non-profit family, and I wish you and yours a special holiday season (whatever you may celebrate).
Here’s to your health!
Founder & President, The Healthy Non-Profit LLC